Saturday, February 6, 2010

Taking On Responsibility - In Christ

So I have taken on a new position at Worldprayr. To be honest when I took the responsibility of managing WP's blog I thought it would be a daunting but great opportunity to stretch and learn in Christ. How could I be surprised? I was ready for a tough job. Wow!

God always knows how to up and stretch the "WOW" factor. After taking on the job I learned that I would be responsible for marketing the blog as well. Wow!

But that comes with it and I have some old fashioned training for it. Then I was given some learning materials to "get up to speed." Wow! I still haven't gone through it all. But here's where the rubber meets the road.

In all this is, I have learned where I am deficient Christ’s' grace is sufficient. Wow! I am already wowed by His ability to make the task one that drives me closer to Him.

This is where Christ excels and where our faithfulness is both tested and His presence proven. Some of my tweetie birds know and I have said, as believers we are no longer to look for Christ in signs and wonders, of miracles and the parting of seas.

Our path now that we have accepted Christ as our Savior is one of faithfulness to the path we have chosen. But this doesn't mean Christ doesn't want to prove Himself to us as we travel in Him, He does!

Just as a father wants to bring presents to his children, and hug them and hold them to show his love, God through Christ wishes to reveal Himself to us to show us how much he loves us. But as we become adults we do not always get hugs and presents from our dads. Do they love us any less? No way! But our fathers pay us the respect of adults and the hugs sometimes get shorter but nevertheless the same feelings are still there.

As adults fathers may call their children up and want to meet for coffee. If in a jam, a father may want to help out his adult child. Even if the child outwardly swears they can handle it, but inside really welcomes the aid. The adult child feels loved by the father.

In the same way God reveals Himself to us as we grow in Christ. And I could not feel more honored, and though I feel the weight of the responsiblity I also sense the presence of God our Father in a much greater way and wow, am I glad He is in my life. Two things come with this position (well, much more but these are the two things I want to point out now).

One, I am grateful for this opportunity. And two, as I grow closer to Christ in this endeavor, so too will Worldprayr's blog with all hope become greater in it's reach and effectiveness. And all this, not by my ability alone, no way!

Truly, it will be by God's power and grace and all the contributors and everyone working together at Worldprayr! This is how the Kingdom will function once the body is united forever! Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment